Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Rachel Elaine Grapes Memorial Celebration 2009

On Rachel's first birthday we celebrated her life with us and her life now with God. Everyone that attended released a balloon in memory of Rachel. Family members sent a letter to Rachel inside of their balloons and friends (and family) sent a picture of Rachel attached to the balloons.

If you have found one of Rachel's balloons please say a prayer for Rachel and her family and sign our guestbook to let us know where and when you found it.

God Bless Rachel, her family and all those that she has touched in her short time here on earth!

Rachel Elaine Grapes Memorial Celebration 2009 Part 1

Rachel Elaine Grapes Memorial Celebration 2009 Part 2

Thursday, October 30, 2008


Thank You to ALL involved:
Mere words could never express the gratitude I feel toward each and every one of you.
I have never known such love as I have experienced over the last 7 months.From gifts of maternity clothes and baby clothes & baby items, to all of the cards and letters, to words of compassion and encouragement, as well as gifts of your time, and also your devotion to fasting and praying on behalf of myself, Rachel and my family. Truly, the Spirit of Christ is at work in a mighty way within this body of believers.
I am aware that Pastor Mike has updated many(if not all) of you as to specific ways prayers have been answered, but I would like to add some that he made not have known about.
In the labor and delivery room there was a sweet, young nurse who witnessed not only a supernatural love between my husband and I, but she was also privy to many scripture verses and prayers shared between our Pastors, friends, family and us. I heard her whisper a comment to another nurse that we were different and we were "good people", and I KNOW that she saw Christ in us that night. I praise God the He allowed me to serve Him in such a wonderful way. Please pray that God continues to work in her life and untimately for her salvation.
Also, the Lord saw fit to use this circumstance to mend a broken relationship between myself and a family member. We had simply stopped speaking to one another because of a silly misunderstanding.
I have also, by Gods goodness, been priveleged to meet and get to know Karen; a mom who shares in my suffering, as she lost her son to Trisome 18. She lives right here in W.N.Y and she is also a Christian. That is not a coincindence, that is a fingerprint of God!
Unsaved family and friends were touched by the work of the Holy Spirit and were exposed to the gospel of Christ.Praise God that His word shall never return to Him void.
Please understand that I hurt immensly over the death of my beautiful baby girl. Tears pour down my cheeks like rain sometimes, and my heart has a hole in it that can never be filled by anything other that Christs love. I thank God though, for my salvation; because I know one day we will be together again and there will be no more sickness, no more suffering, no more hurt, and no more tears. In the meantime, I miss her.
Please pray diligently for Pasor Leary and Pastor Mike and their families. Pray for their physical abilities to preach and teach the gospel. Pray that they continue to be bold witnesses for Christ and pray especially for their protection as these pastors are good and Godly men who love and fear the Lord, and the enemy has much to hate them for.
Continue to pray that Rachels life , and death, will lead many to salvation.
I love you all and I pray that God will bless each of you in a very special way.
In His service,
Barb, Dave and all of the Grapes family
Psalm 126 vs 5&6
They that sow in tears shall reap in joy.
He that goeth forth and weepeth, bearing precious seed, shall doubtless come again with rejoicing, bearing his sheaves with him.

No comments: