Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Rachel Elaine Grapes Memorial Celebration 2009

On Rachel's first birthday we celebrated her life with us and her life now with God. Everyone that attended released a balloon in memory of Rachel. Family members sent a letter to Rachel inside of their balloons and friends (and family) sent a picture of Rachel attached to the balloons.

If you have found one of Rachel's balloons please say a prayer for Rachel and her family and sign our guestbook to let us know where and when you found it.

God Bless Rachel, her family and all those that she has touched in her short time here on earth!

Rachel Elaine Grapes Memorial Celebration 2009 Part 1

Rachel Elaine Grapes Memorial Celebration 2009 Part 2

Thursday, November 13, 2008

Compassion

11/08/08

Jennifer, my 4 year old daughter began to cry today, just out of the blue (like I seem to do so often). When I asked her what was wrong, expecting an answer like " I wanted mac and cheese for lunch" she hugged me then gently grabbed my face and tenderly said, " I feel sorry for you Mommy, because of Rachel dying".
It moved me so deeply that she has learned compassion during this trial in our lives.
Prior to Rachels passing, Jennifer, though very sweet, was not much of a kisser or hugger, but now she has become very affectionate.
Thank you Rachel for teaching your big sister sympathy, and thank you God for using tiny Rachel for such a great life lesson.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I only know of sweet Jennifer...during my recent visit which was very bittersweet..I had much time with Jennifer...this beautiful child showed me nothing less than love, hugs and kisses ..at times she had me laughing so hard I had a stomach ache...I am so happy to know this Jennifer....Its only been a few weeks but I miss the Grapes family so much...
I am sorry for their loss...yet I do know Rachel even though I have never even held her...I too miss her..somehow..God only knows how..I have a strong connection to her...

Love & Kisses
AUNT ROSE